Jammu and Kashmir Travel
Visiting Kashmir is like taking a leap into nature! Away from the metropolitan chaos, this beautiful heaven on Earth gives you millions of reasons to celebrate its existence. A picture perfect place with snow-clad mountains, sparkling lakes, colorful tulips and all-encompassing natural beauty; Kashmir takes you on a delightful journey. Incredibly scenic panorama, valleys of flowers, serene lakes and remarkable trekking trails; Kashmir is the dream destination for wanderlusts!
Here are some of the major destinations in Kashmir
Jammu-City of Temples
Jammu is a call for those in quest of tranquility & spirituality. The beautiful temples and the saintly dargah’s offer a soul stirring experience to all. The Hindu shrine of Mata Vaishno Devi
, perched on top of a hill, is the most visited pilgrimage in the region.
- Vaishno Devi Temple- Holy Hindu shrine
- Raghunath Temple- Temple dedicated to Lord Rama
- Peer Kho Cave- Temple dedicated to Lord Shiva
- Bheemgarh Fort
- Baag-e-Bahu- Beautiful garden hosting the largest underground aquarium in the country
- Manda Zoo
- Amar Mahal Palace- Now converted into a beautiful museum
- Mubarak Mandi Palace
Srinagar- Celestial Beauty
Srinagar, an ethereal vision
with majestic mountains, beautiful valleys, lush meadows and shimmering lakes dotted with colorful “Shikaras
” & vintage houseboats
, is sure to mesmerize you.
- Dal Lake- Stay in the traditional houseboats and ride the Shikara on the lake.
- Wular Lake- Experience the breathtaking beauty of Wular Lake on a Shikara ride.
- Shankaracharya Temple- The ancient seat of Lord Shiva
- Mughal Gardens- Persian style gardens home to some rare flowers in the world. A UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Awantipora- Ancient rustic ruins of Awantipora kingdom.
Gulmarg- The Enchanting Meadow of Flowers
Gulmarg, located around 56 kilometers from Srinagar, is a spectacle to behold. Gulmarg is not only a captivating hill station
but also offers you a range of adventure activities
on its beautiful snowy slopes.
- Gulmarg Gondola- The two tiered cable car ride gives you picture perfect views of splendid mountains and stunning valleys.
- Gulmarg Golf Course- Be sure to check your golf handicap at the highest golf course in the world.
- Baba Reshi’s Shrine- Breathe in the surreal beauty of this 500 year old shrine.
- Skiing- The learners may try the baby slopes with the instructors while the veterans can zip around the steep ones.
- St. Mary’s Church- The elegant church with beautiful stain glasswork is only accessible by a trekking trail.
- Gulmohar Biosphere Reserve- A perfect place to check out the flora, fauna & avifauna of the region
- Ningli Nallah- Adventure seekers may trek down to this picturesque picnic spot & camp near the clear stream.
Sonmarg- The Meadow of Gold
Located in the Ganderbal district, the snow clad peaks of Sonmarg beckon the travelers to for a surreal experience.
- Vishansar Lake- A perfect spot for camping, Vishansar is high on the list of trekkers & campers.
- Nilgrad River- The red waters of Nilgrad are considered holy and blessed with medicinal properties.
- Zozila Pass- The precarious pass linking Kashmir & Ladakh, covered in thick snow, is certainly an awesome experience.
- White water rafting- Battle the white waters of the mountain river for an adrenalin pumping adventure.
- Baltal Valley- The base camp for the holy Amarnath Yatra, Baltal Valley offers incredible vistas.
Pahalgam- An Ode to Nature
The pristine valley of Pahalgam with its far-stretching green meadows
, gleaming river
and lofty pines
is a picture postcard destination.
- Betaab Valley- Named after a Bollywood movie shot at this location; this picturesque valley is spellbinding & rejuvenating.
- Sheshnag Lake- Nestled between the snowy mountains & lush meadows, its beauty is simply breathtaking.
- Lidder Amusement Park- A perfect paradise for kids.
- Aru Valley- From leisurely pony rides to action packed zorbing, zip-lining & power paragliding, just choose your pleasure!
- Baisaran Lake- Tucked between the soaring Pir Panjal & towering Zanskar, Baisaran Lake is a perfect trekker’s destination.
Patnitop- The beauty of Shivaliks
Originally known as Patan da Talab or the “pond of princess” Patnitop exemplifies the beauty of this hill state. Its impressive Chenab Basin, gorgeous Chinar gardens and spectacular saffron fields are a lure for all.
- The Naag Temple- Dedicated to snakes
- Nathatop- Perfect for paragliding & skiing
- Sukh Mahadev Temple- Built around 2800 years ago and dedicated to Lord Shiva
- Skiing, paragliding, camping and trekking.
Leh/Ladakh- The Cold Desert of India
This Himalayan land of Ladakh bounded by walls of dramatic mountains and accessible through treacherous passes is a destination beyond words. The timeless monasteries, emerald green villages and frozen rivers & glaciers are compelling and leave you speechless. Friendly people, serene culture, ethnic lingo and delicious food- all influenced by Tibet are simply irresistible.
- Monasteries- Shanti Stupa, Hemis Monastery, Spituk Gomsa are some of the many spiritual & beautiful monasteries in Leh/Ladakh region
- Zanskar Valley- Gripping white vista and river rafting.
- Pangong Tso Lake- The azure lake in the east of Ladakh is a hotspot for the travelers visiting the region.
- Khardungla Pass- The highest motorable road in the world, Khardungla is a must visit place for adventure junkies.
- Nubra Valley- The desert sands amidst the majestic mountains, are an allure for travelers. The two humped camel is the major attraction here.
- Magnetic Hill- A must visit tourist spot, Magnetic Hill defies gravity. A vehicle with brakes unlocked when left at the base of the hill, moves uphill on its own. Science or supernatural? Check out on your own
- Hemis National Park- The largest national park in South-east Asia; Hemis is home to endangered mammals like leopards, Asiatic ibex, Tibetan wolf, the Eurasian brown bear and the red fox.
Fairs & Festivals of Kashmir
- Makar Sankranti
- Bahu Mela
- Hemis Festival
Cuisine of Kashmir
- Wazwan- traditional non-vegetarian cuisine of Kashmir.
- Dum Aloo (Potato Curry) and Chaman (Cottage Cheese)
- Thupka, Momo, Tingmo- Tibetan food from Leh & Ladakh.
Best time to visit Kashmir
Kashmir is a place for all seasons and all reasons. Winters are the best time for snow lovers, spring season is a delight for the nature enthusiasts and summers are perfect time to plan a family tour.
How to reach
By Air - Srinagar Airport is the nearest airport to Kashmir, and is well connected to major Indian cities.
By Train - Jammu Tawi Railway Station, situated at a distance of about 330 km, is the nearest railhead serving Kashmir valley.
By Road - Kashmir is well connected with several nearby towns by a network of luxury & deluxe buses.
Hot Selling Tour Packages
Exotic Ladakh Tour
08 Nights - 09 Days
Delhi - Leh - Monastries - Khardungla Pass - Pangomg...
Best of Ladakh Tour
05 Nights - 06 Days
Leh - Khardungla Pass - Nubra Lake - Pangong Lake
Amazing Ladakh Tour
06 Nights - 07 Days
Leh - Khardungla Pass - Nubra Lake - Pangong Lake
Kashmir and Ladakh Tour
09 Nights - 10 Days
Srinagar - Kargil - Leh - Nubra Valley - Pangong Lake